I got nominated for the Liebster blog award. Yeah! Gratitude goes to Joe Owens that gracefully nominated my blog and thought I would benefit from the extra love. THANK YOU! Around Joe you’re in for action. What he says gets created in an instant! I have the privilege to participate in a collaborative story The Baker’s dozen with him and 10 other magnificent bloggers/writers.
The Liebster award is intended to give new/little know bloggers some attention. And according to popular knowledge, it is only awarded to those with less than 200 WordPress followers.
I won’t pretend that I am not happy or play false humility. I always thought there was more humility in accepting words of acknowledgement than pretend loudly that I am not worth it. Acknowledgement creates connection between human beings. By thanking the person, you acknowledge the other person’s experience, their commitment and you allow people to be fully expressed around you. Imagine making a fuss every time someone says you are good, interesting and worth it. It won’t be long that people will just stop… and you’ll wonder why. And as human being we strive for that (to diverse degrees, but nonetheless.) And it’s pretty healthy to want it.
The RULES of the award:
Prior to any rule: accept the award, post the picture of the Liebster Award on the top of post, say who nominated you for the award and link their blog site.
1. List 11 random facts about you.
2. Nominate 11 other bloggers for the Liebster Award and link their blog sites.
3. Notify the bloggers of their award.
4. Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer when they accept their Liebster Award
11 random facts about me
- I love any dessert with raspberries in it. (Especially the bushes in the woods in which there is plenty)
- I became a vegetarian at 14 yrs old (when my parent’s stopped caring about what I was eating)
- I’m a herbalist (I can make healing potions and many other stuff with what I find in the woods and in gardens)
- I play video games compulsively (I am in recovery right now…)
- I’ve been meditating regularly for the past 21 years (It keeps me sane)
- I read compulsively (It keeps me sane)
- I love disco and weep on some old crooner’s songs (I have no shame crying in public when I hear those songs)
- My children say that I am socially unfit (that’s when they are being nice)
- I look too young to have 3 grown-up children (most of my friends same age have toddlers)
- I don’t have a driver’s licence (that I cannot explain)
- I spoke mandarin in my early twenties (didn’t practice, don’t remember much)
Most of them I discovered during the A to Z blog challenge. Some are active visitors over here. To show my appreciation and for everyone’s enjoyment I nominate:
- Helenvalentina http://helenvalentina.com/
- Shadowlight http://madmanstwilight.wordpress.com/
- Orpheuswritings http://orpheuswritings.wordpress.com/
- Raindrops on roses http://settoncrew.wordpress.com/
- My way by moonlight http://debbivoisey.wordpress.com/
- Spiritu:Re:ality http://starsbursting.wordpress.com/
- Morgan Sylvia http://morgansylvia.wordpress.com/
- Janice Heck http://janiceheck.wordpress.com/
- Samantha Anderson http://samanthaandersonauthor.com/
- Volvo diaries http://volvodiaries.wordpress.com/
- Brooke Devereaux http://bdevereaux.com/
(I’ll answer Joe’s 11 questions when I get them)
With great respect and love!